Monday 8 May 2017

It was so worth it!





As usual, on a Monday, my day started with the textile group where we continued to grapple with the pencil case pattern.  Having been shown an easier one by Sewingbuddy I opted for this pattern but Ev soldiered on and mastered the pattern.






Meanwhile Carine proudly showed her skills off and finished her design,





and Jean persevered, breaking her needle in the process so I took the opportunity to give her machine a clean out.







Back home, it was a quick tidy around and wadding ironing - don't ask, I had to use some fusible tape to create a patchwork of wadding for my sewing class tomorrow night - before heading off to Slimming World to face the music.  Quite frankly, if I didn't lose this week - after another week completely on plan - then heads would roll.  However the good news is that I lost 3 1/2 pounds - making it 24 pounds in total and 46 to go before the first week in November.  How am I celebrating?  well, Louise's birthday cake is still in the fridge and will emerge after tea!!

Tonight my plan is to try and finish the front of the Lynette Anderson scissor case - it's looking good but the fiddly bits are still ahead of me!  Hopefully I will be able to show you tomorrow.

3 comments: