Saturday 7 May 2016

I've been cultured!

You may recall that Wendy and I are working our way Through Shakespeare first folio - by the time that we have finished we will have watched every single one.  Today it was the turn of Midsummer Nights Dream - a play I knew little about but which I firmly believe that Shakespeare must have been on something when he wrote it - it's insane!

Anyway today was a live performance by the RSC in Nottingham - where part of the cast were taken from amateur drama groups and, quite frankly, stole the show!  So - a visit to Nottingham meant a day out.  A day which consisted of:-

A visit to costa for a coffee and a lemon tart ( everything I've had today is within my allowance if you're asking!)


Lunch of a toasted sandwich

Walking past statues of famous Nottingham people - such as Brian Clough,

Waiting for Wendy to buy close (at least 30 mins!), a  visit to the theatre, and

A visit to Hopbbycraft where they were having a half price sewing thread sale - and an invasion of plastic boxes by the look of things!  ( Wendy bought one - I cannot lie!)

It's been a great day out, I've eaten well but kept to my calorie allowance and it's now great to be home and put my feet up!

2 comments:

  1. Bit late, but better late than never!
    But don't do it again, I need to get my fix somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto...had wondered what had happened to you...an impromptu holiday I thought!

    ReplyDelete