Monday 18 July 2016

Shedding some light on the matter ......







Last night I hung the quilt on the wall and promised a picture - so here goes.














I also used my new magnifier lamp for the first time since my eye problem - wow what a difference!  I could sew without feeling that I was straining my eye - and the large viewing area made the work easy to handle.  Not only that but, today, I took the magnifier with the desk clamp to the craft group and it worked a treat!






Talking about the craft group, Wendy popped along to sort out her artisan apron pattern and to cut it out - well the lining first - it needed taking in in parts and lengthening in others - might as well do that to the lining than the outer!







Jean brought her machine with her with the intention of finishing a Christmas present and Carine brought her machine in order to carry on with some splendid sampler blocks.  then the electricity went off and we sat for around an hour with a power cut!  Ev was more canny - she had charged her light box and so could do some tracery of patterns!  Carine "sweetened" our trials by bringing her daughters birthday cake.  well - we just had to help her now didn't we?

I don't know about you but its extremely hot up here.  I therefore wonder about the wisdom of my next move.  Starting yesterday afternoon, and finishing this afternoon, I have "unearthed" the stepping stones (grass grows over them every year).  I have also unearthed my pebble fountain, washed the pump filter and tried it - it works!  I'm not confessing how long its been since I have had the fountain on - but Jean didn't remember that I had a fountain!  Daisy, meanwhile, thinks that it's a very strange thing!  The final garden task was to pick today's supply of raspberries.  My parents are planning a visit soon so a homemade / homegrown fresh cream raspberry Victoria sponge is in order.


Tonight?  Well some more embroidery of course - now that I have regained my ability to see the work!!  It feeds my soul!






2 comments:

  1. Stunning quilt, looks perfect...well done!
    Mmmm to the sponge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the magnifier is of use.
    And quilt looks good.

    ReplyDelete